As a perfect example of its beauty expertise, Guerlain has transformed its legendary Météorites Pearls into a compact. The pearls are finely pressed to form a beautiful mosaic of light-enhancing and corrective shades that create a subtle and natural effect by giving your skin tone just the right amount of light and correction. Your skin will look soft, smooth, delicate and beautifully natural. This Météorites compact is lightly scented with a violet fragrance.
Finally all the gorgeousness of the Meteorites perles in the compact powder! As a part of their spring collection but meant to stay permanently in the line Guerlain released Meteorites compact in three shades in the same color family as their Perles.
Meteorites compact come in a beautiful round silver compact accompanied with velvet pouch. It feels heavy in hand and represents a way luxury product should look like.
Powder has 10 gr which is usual for a finishing powder. I picked shade 03 medium that correlates with new 03 medium in Perles or old 02 Teint beige that I own.
Meteorties are finishing powder and can be worn over liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, powder foundation. Also can be worn together with a setting powder or without it. It only depends on your preferences. I like to wear them without setting powder and over liquid foundation. They do not provide any extra coverage.
Texture is soft and silky and blends or better say melts into skin so nicely. My favorite things about Meteorites:
- evens out any makeup prior applied
- creates perfect canvas for any makeup applied after
- if you overdo with any cheek color with one swipe of meteorites and gentle blending it will tone down your blush, bronzer etc… – this is probably my favorite since I tend to overdo with blush application
- evens out any texture imperfections on skin -pores appear smaller, fine lines look smoother and less visible
- gives nice radiance to the skin – for me this is too subtle to be a highlighter but if you apply a bit more on certain areas and you like subtle glow this can work as a highlighter for you
- great pick me up for skin if you touch up during the day – it works magic if your makeup faded or doesn’t look as even as when you applied it hours ago
If you have already tried Meteorites perles this has exactly the same effect on skin as those.
BUT so much more travel, purse and away from home touch up friendly.
I have tried different brushes for applying Meteorites compact and they all worked evenly good – MAC 150 and MAC 134 I use the most.